From Greg Pardue: We’re happy to let you know we will be performing a concert at Standley Park in University City on August 7th from 5:00 to 7:00. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, picnics, kids, grandma & grandpa and dogs (on leash of course). Masks and social distancing will be at the audience’s discretion according to current CDC guidelines. We hope you will join us at the park. It will be a Best of Front Porch Pandemic Jazz Jam concert with jazz from the Great American Songbook.
Summer Concerts are sponsored by the University City Parks Council and held on Sunday evenings at Standley Park, 3585 Governor Drive, from 5 to 7 PM. Standley Park is a fun and family friendly venue with playground and large grassy area. Bring your friends, family and neighbors … and your dancing shoes. Come early with your chairs, blankets, and picnic dinners. Enjoy the evening with friends and neighbors in University City. Arrive early to pick out a favorite spot in the shade. Don’t forget your dancing shoes!
There is no cover charge; donations are welcome and proceeds benefit the University City Parks Council, the Summer Concerts event sponsor.
Please note: Concert music is loud; the sound is amplified and projected with speakers located close to the stage. The Summer Concerts are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather.
The Summer Concert Schedule 2022 includes the following:
- July 10 – Y3K – 80’s dance band
- July 17 – Side Traxx – 90 and 2000s rock
- July 24 – Siers Brothers – classic 60s and 70s and more
- July 31 – Electric Waste Band – Grateful Dead band
- Saturday, August 6 Special Event – Banana Split Ice Cream Social at 2 PM
- August 7 – Front Porch Pandemic Jazz Jam Band – music from the Great American Songbook
- August 14 – Sea Monks – Country rock
- August 21 – Bayou Brothers w/ Michelle Lundeen – Cajun Zydecco Blues
- August 28 – The Distractions – local crowd favorite with a wide variety of music
Help wanted! University City Parks Council (UCPC) president John Schindel says “… we still need some “roadies” to help set up the stage (on concert days), etc at 1pm and take down at 7pm. We pay $20 cash.” Contact John via email at email@example.com if you’d like to give back to the community and make a little cash too. Great for a high school and college student perhaps?
Send your thanks to the Concert Committee:
- Andy Freeburn – Concert Committee chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Schindel – President, University City Parks Council – email@example.com
- Greg Pardue – Forecast – band liaison – firstname.lastname@example.org
For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/parks-recreation-dept/