From Sarah Bowles, Community Outreach Specialist, Public Utilities Department: On November 1, 2022, expect concrete barrier installation and contractor mobilization on Genesee Avenue in Clairemont between Appleton Street and SR 52 to begin in preparation for the Morena Northern Pipelines and Tunnels project in University City.
- The northbound lanes on Genesee Avenue in Clairemont will be closed for the installation of the pipeline.
- The southbound lanes on Genesee in Clairemont will be split to accommodate a single lane for northbound traffic and a single lane for southbound traffic.
- Work is expected to occur during the day, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. through early 2023.
What to Expect:
- For public safety and worker safety, a concrete barrier will be installed along Genesee Avenue in Clairemont, starting just north of the Appleton Street intersection in order to transition traffic safely into the southbound lanes and continue north towards the SR-52 freeway.
- Pedestrian crossings at the north end of the Genesee Avenue and Appleton Street intersection will remain open.
- For safety reasons, please follow all posted traffic signage.
- 24/7 access to the SR-52 freeway ramps will be maintained.
University City Pure Water Notices:
- Construction Notice PDF: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/morena_northern_pipeline_construction_genesee_avenue_10-20-22_final.pdf
- Construction Alert Email: https://myemail.constantcontact.com/University-City-Construction-Alert–Morena-Northern-Pipelines-and-Tunnels.html?soid=1104524640535&aid=axZFIBjE27Y
- Pure Water University City website: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-utilities/sustainability/pure-water-sd/phase-1-projects/university-city-eastgate-mall
Pipeline Installation in University City on Genesee north of SR 52, Nobel Drive and Towne Centre Drive: More information will be provided in the coming months for pipeline construction along the rest of the alignment. The pipeline construction schedule is being solidified and ample notice will be given prior to pipeline construction.
For more information, visit: phase1.purewatersd.org; call: the project hotline at 833-UTC-PWSD (833-882-7973); or email: email@example.com