From Pure Water San Diego: Beginning Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2023, traffic control will be in place at the Executive Drive and Towne Centre Drive intersection, in order to continue pipeline construction for the Pure Water Pipelines and Tunnels project in University City. Due to this work, the Executive Drive and Towne Centre Drive intersection will be fully closed and detour signs will be posted.
The westbound lanes on Executive Drive between Towne Centre Drive and Judicial Drive will remain closed to allow safe completion this work but the eastbound lanes are open. Work is expected to occur during the day, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Spring 2023, with minimal intermittent overnight work from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
What to Expect
- 24-hour traffic control and pipeline construction at the Executive Drive and Towne Centre Drive intersection; this work will include construction noise.
- 24-hour traffic control on Executive Drive from Judicial Drive to the Executive Drive cul-de-sac for the I-805 tunneling.
- Full closure of the westbound lanes on Executive Drive between Towne Centre Drive and Judicial Drive.
- Pedestrian crossings on the east end of Executive Drive and Towne Centre Drive will be closed.
- Detour signage will be posted; for safety reasons, please follow all posted traffic signage.
- Traffic control is set up to accommodate access and turning radius for emergency vehicles.
- 24/7 access to driveways for businesses and residences as well as the crosswalk on Executive Dr. east of Judicial will be re-established.
Businesses are being asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate any deliveries that involve trucks or large vehicles or access issues.
Construction Alert Available at: Full Intersection Closure at Executive Drive and Towne Centre Drive
For questions, contact email@example.com or 833-UTC-PWSD (833-882-7973).
- Pure Water construction on Genesee in University City begins early 2023: https://www.universitycitynews.org/UCCA/PureWaterJan2023
- For more information: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-utilities/sustainability/pure-water-sd/phase-1-projects/university-city-eastgate-mall/morena-northern-pipeline-alignment-and-tunnels
- For more Pure Water news as reported by UCCA, visit: https://www.universitycitynews.org/?s=pure+water