Due to operational needs, the MCAS Miramar Fire Department will be conducting its annual airfield (infield) prescribed burn in preparation for the Miramar Air Show on Friday, September 4, from 10 AM – 3 PM.
The prescribed burn that was scheduled for last Saturday (Aug 29) had to be cancelled and an attempt will be made to complete it this weekend.
Smoke will be visible from freeway corridors and local communities during this time. As with all prescribed burns, Go/No Go will be dependent on weather conditions that day.
If you could please pass this notice along to other members of your communities, we would greatly appreciate it.
What do Facebook, Twitter, Nextdoor, ImproveUC and UCCA have in common? They are all ways neighbors can connect with neighbors and the University City community. Create a post, start a conversation, share the news, organize an event, keep in touch, take a look:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/universitycitycommunityassociation
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/UCCA_SD
- Nextdoor – https://nextdoor.com/sandiego/
- ImproveUC – http://improveuc.org/
- UCCA – https://www.universitycitynews.org/