Full disclosure: This is just the preview. All the details will be available this weekend with the release of the July University City Newsletter. Here’s what we can share today … UC Celebration festivities kick off bright and early on the 4th of July with the Pancake Breakfast, by the Knights of Columbus, starting at 7:30 AM by the Standley Park Recreation Center, 3585 Governor Drive. The smell of pancakes and sausages cooking will tempt the 1-Mile Fun Run and 5k Race participants to finish up as they begin races at 7:45 and 8:00 AM respectively. Throughout the day, the University City community will be entertained by musicians and performances, be able to participate in field games, eat tasty dishes from food vendors, and even go swimming at Swanson Pool.
Entertainment update: The evening headline band is Manual Scan from 5 to 7pm. (This is an entertainment update: there is no band scheduled to start playing at 7pm; all entertainment ends at 7pm). The Old Town Trolley runs the length of Governor Drive until 7:30pm.
But first, here’s your to-do list to help to make this the best UC Celebration ever:
- Volunteer to help; do you two hours to give? Please sign up to volunteer at https://volunteersignup.org/CCXL3
- Register for the 1-Mile Fun Run/5K Race at www.UCCelebration.com and click on the Sign Up for 5K and Fun Run button.
- Rent a booth for your group or organization at www.UCCelebration.com and click on the Get a Booth button.
- Donate books for the Book Barn at Standley Recreation Center on July 3.
- Apply to show your UC Car by contacting David Wright email@example.com.
For more information, visit www.UCCelebration.com