The June 2022 issue of University City News is filled with local news and information and events that you won’t find anywhere else. UCCA thanks the many community contributors, advertisers, UCCA members, and volunteers who make our print newsletter possible. University City News home delivery begins Saturday, June 4. The PDF version available now; click the cover image to view and download.
If you haven’t renewed your UCCA membership for 2022, you’ll find the membership coupon in this issue. Have a great month; thanks to all who help to make University City more than just a neighborhood.
In Case We Missed It: UCCA gets updates and news from local University City groups and community contributors throughout the month. Please send us your University City News at UniversityCityNews@gmail.com.
- June 2022 – University City News home delivery begins Saturday, June 4. The PDF version available now; click the cover image to view and download. See also: https://www.universitycitynews.org/ucca-newsletter-archives/
- June 2022 – Summer Movies in the Park begin their Summer Schedule: https://www.summermoviesinthepark.com/
- June 2022 – University Community and North University libraries begin their monthly program schedule.
- University Community Library on Governor: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/locations/university-community-library
- North University Library on Judicial: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/locations/north-university-community-library
- June 2022 – Pools and Parks and Recreation Centers begin their monthly program schedule.
- Doyle Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/doyle
- Nobel Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/nobel
- Standley Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/standley
- Swanson Memorial Pool: https://www.sandiego.gov/pools/swanson-memorial-pool
- Standley Aquatic Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/pools/standley-aquatic-center
- Saturday, June 4 – UC Community Garage Sale; contact sponsor at ColdwellBankerUC@gmail.com
- Saturday, June 4 – Summer Movie at Standley Park; The Sandlot: https://www.universitycitynews.org/movies-in-the-park/
- Tuesday, June 7 – Primary Election Day: https://www.sdvote.com/
- Wednesday, June 8, 6 PM – UCCA (community association); when available, the agenda will be posted at: https://www.universitycitynews.org/ To suggest an agenda item, email us at UniversityCityNews@gmail.com
- Thursday, June 9, 7 PM – Parks Council; location to be determined. All are welcome. To get on the email list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, June 14: Happy Flag Day
- Tuesday, June 14, 6 PM – UCPG (planning group); when available, the agenda will be posted at: https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas
- Wednesday, June 15 7 PM – UC Celebration (4th of July) planning committee at the Standley Recreation Center. All are welcome. For more information, visit http://uccelebration.com/
- Sunday, June 19: Father’s Day
- Sunday, June 19, 8:30 to 10 AM – People for a Clean UC: Cleanup volunteers meet up at Starbucks, 3202 Governor Drive; all supplies provided.
- Tuesday, June 21: Summer Solstice Day
- Tuesday, June 21, 6 PM: CPUS (community plan update subcommittee); when available, the agenda will be posted at: https://www.planuniversity.org/
- Thursday, June 23, 7 PM – Standley Community Recreation Group at the Standley Recreation Center. All are welcome. For more information, email the Center director at Rhughes@sandiego.gov
- Monday, July 4, 7 AM to 7 PM – Standley Park. For more information, read the June print newsletter and visit http://uccelebration.com/
The PDF May Newsletter (when available) will be posted here: universitycitynews.org/ucca-newsletter-archives
Take a look at the updates we’ve posted on our University City News at https://universitycitynews.org/category/university-city-news-ucca/
Have a great month. We hope to see you soon at one of our many community events and meetings. We are University City 92122 and we are more than just a neighborhood.