The U.S. Navy Blue Angels return to the 2023 MCAS Miramar Air Show. This year’s event will include ground displays and flight simulators; an innovation and tech expo; and military air and ground demonstration teams.
The daytime air shows will feature military demonstration teams, civilian aerobatic teams, aerial solo acts, vintage aircraft and warbirds. For more information, visit: https://miramarairshow.com/
Community Impact: People in the area of MCAS Miramar should expect to experience an increase in flight operations with unfamiliar aircraft flying overhead in unusual flight patterns and increased levels noise including from simulated explosions and aircraft engines.
- Aircraft, performers, and exhibitors are expected to arrive beginning Wednesday, September 20.
- Practice day is expected to be Thursday, September 21.
- The Air Show is open to the public on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, September 22-24.
- The Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF) is scheduled at 1:40pm on show days.
- The US Navy Blue Angels are scheduled to perform with CAL Fire starting at 3:00pm on show days.
2023 Miramar Air Show Schedule: The performer lineup and times will be the same for each day of the event. Performers are scheduled within the hour/time slot as listed below. Please note that schedules are subject to change. For more information, visit: https://miramarairshow.com/
- 8:00am – Gates Open to the Public
- 9:00am = Precision Exotics Runway Races and Kent Pietsch Comedy
- 10:00am = USAF U-2 Dragonlady / Vicky Benzing / Hotstreak Jet Streak and Vicky Benzing Race
- 10:30am – Opening Ceremonies / SOCOM Paracommandos
- 11:15am – USMC MV-22 Demo
- 11:30am – USMC F-35B Demo
- 11:50am – Warbirds over Miramar
- 12:30pm – C17 Globemaster Demo / Redbull Air Force
- 1:00pm – USAF F-16 Viper Demo W/P-51 Heritage Flight
- 1:40pm – Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF)
- 2:40pm – Mike Goulian / Hotstreak Jet Truck and Mike Goulian Race
- 3:00pm – CAL Fire / The United States Navy Blue Angels
- 4:15pm – End of Flying
- 5:00pm – Gates Close
From Miramar Air Show: On September 22-24, 2023, the largest military air show is returning to MCAS Miramar to provide a unique and special flight line experience with immersive experiences, static displays, and daytime shows that feature military demonstration teams, civilian aerobatic teams, aerial solo acts, vintage aircraft and warbirds.
Experience the feeling of flight for yourself in one of the many simulators we have on the flight line and in the Innovation Tech Expo. The Miramar Air Show is an event that will give you, friends, and family memories you won’t forget. The air show is open Friday, Saturday, Sunday to the public.
Free parking, admission, and blanket seating is available. Tickets are not required for entry. If you’re looking for an upgraded Air Show experience, check out all of the preferred ticketing options they offer! From preferred seating areas with the best views to dedicated family-friendly zones. For more information, visit: https://miramarairshow.com/