July 8 update: UCCA issues preliminary agenda for July 10 meeting; agenda available for download at UNIVERSITY CITY COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION JULY 10 2019 preliminary agenda
What’s on your mind? University City Community Association (UCCA) will host its July community meeting on Wednesday, July 10, at the Community Library, 4155 Governor Drive. We begin networking at 5:30 PM as we set up the room; we call the meeting to order at 6 PM. All are welcome; UCCA membership is not required to attend this public meeting. Ongoing agenda items include updates from community and legislative leaders such as the Police and Fire departments and local elected leaders. Each meeting includes an Open Forum during which interests and concerns may be expressed.
If you have an agenda item to suggest, you may contact us through email at email@example.com or use the Contact Us link at https://www.universitycitynews.org/contact-us-or-volunteer-in-uc/
Per UCCA’s bylaws, the main purpose for which this non-profit (501C4) corporation is formed is to provide and promote the civic, cultural, social, educational and recreational development and improvement of University City; and to provide a forum where the interests of the residents may be expressed and contributions made to the protection of life and property in the community. The purpose is also to bring about civic betterment and social improvements for the community, encouraging a sense of community by organizing events and celebrations, as well as identifying issues or concerns of the population and providing a meeting place to discuss said issues or concerns.
To review UCCA’s bylaws, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/ucca-about-us/
- UCPG (planning group) meets Tuesday, July 9: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2019/07/05/ucpg-issues-july-2019-agenda-features-presentation-by-councilmember-barbara-bry/
- UCCA (community association) meets Wednesday, July 10, see above for details.
- UAS / Drones Workshop – Navigating Innovation meets Thursday, July 11: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2019/07/05/public-workshop-uas-drones-and-you-navigating-innovation-thursday-july-11/
- Summer Concerts at Standley Park begin Sunday, July 14: https://www.universitycitynews.org/summer-concerts-in-standley-park/
- CPUS (Community Plan Update Subcommittee) meets Tuesday, July 16: https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/cpu/university
- Summer Movies in University City resume Friday, July 19: https://www.universitycitynews.org/movies-in-the-park/
- and Parks Recreation Council (6 PM) and Recreation Advisory Group (7 PM) meets Thursday, July 25, at Standley Park Recreation Center, 3585 Governor Drive. Agenda to be announced soon …
Thanks for making University City more than a neighborhood.