Hello University City neighbor, is it true? September is here and there’s a lot going on in University City. Check out the September newsletter; it’s available online today in PDF form at https://www.universitycitynews.org/ucca-newsletter-archives/ and will be delivered to our Libraries and Recreation Centers over the weekend. Meanwhile, here’s a Short List of what’s to come in September:
September Special Events:
- Date Meets ZIP 9/21/22 = 92122 on Wednesday, September 21.
- USPS – University City Post Office: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2022/09/13/when-the-date-meets-the-zip-in-university-city-its-happening-at-the-92122-post-office-on-wed-sep-21-2022/
- Community Sponsored Event: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2022/09/13/university-city-celebrates-on-wed-sep-21-when-the-date-meets-the-zip-in-university-city/
- Miramar Air Show begins with practice day on September 22; show days September 23-25. Details at https://www.universitycitynews.org/2022/08/29/mcas-miramar-air-show-2022-practice-day-is-sep-22-show-days-are-sep-23-25/
- Spreckels Elementary upgrades happening now! Details in the print newsletter and online at: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2022/08/30/august-2022-at-spreckels-elementary-whats-going-on-behind-the-blue-curtain/
Community Groups / meetings in September:
- UCPG Planning Group on September 13, at 6 PM via Zoom. Agenda and meeting information, when available, will be posted at: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2022/09/10/sep-13-6-pm-ucpg-planning-group-meets-via-zoom-issues-agenda-for-their-september-meeting/
- UCCA Community Association on Wednesday, September 14, at 6 PM via Zoom. For the latest University City News, visit our website at: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2022/09/11/wed-sep-14-6-pm-ucca-community-association-meets-at-6-pm-via-zoom-issues-preliminary-agenda/
- CPUS Community Plan Update is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, September 20. The Plan University City website has been updated with information about the Community Plan Update. Take a look at https://www.planuniversity.org/
- Standley Park Community Recreation Group (CRG) on Thursday, September 22, 7:00pm, at Standley Rec Center. Call Rec Center staff for meeting information: 858.552.1652
Fall Schedules begin at our Libraries, Parks, and Pools:
- Summer Movies in the Park Schedule: https://www.summermoviesinthepark.com/
- University Community and North University libraries monthly program schedules.
- University Community Library on Governor: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/locations/university-community-library
- North University Library on Judicial: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/locations/north-university-community-library
- Pools and Parks and Recreation Centers program schedules.
- Doyle Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/doyle
- Nobel Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/nobel
- Standley Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/standley
- Swanson Memorial Pool: https://www.sandiego.gov/pools/swanson-memorial-pool
- Standley Aquatic Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/pools/standley-aquatic-center
October Save the Date:
- Oktoberfest by EdUCate! Oktoberfest, Saturday, October 8, 2022, 2 – 6 pm, Standley Park: https://uceducate.org/events/oktoberfest/
- Ballots for the November 8 General Election mailed out: October 8, 2022: https://www.sdvote.com/
Save the Date for General Election:
- Get Ready to Vote! Check your Voter Registration Status; today at: https://www.sdvote.com/
- Ballot drop box and vote center locations available September 9: https://www.sdvote.com/
- Ballots will begin to go out: October 8, 2022.
- General Election November 8, 2022: https://www.sdvote.com/content/rov/en/elections/election_information.html