November is (almost) here and there’s a lot going on in University City. The November 2022 newsletter (PDF version) is now online and available to read, print, and share with family and friends. Print versions are available at the Libraries and Recreation Centers as of Monday, October 31.
Let’s support our local businesses. UCCA urges all members to refer to the advertising section our of print newsletter for current promotions from our local advertisers. While you wait for your print copy, you can view, share, and download the PDF version: https://www.universitycitynews.org/ucca-newsletter-archives/
Join UCCA Today! Thank you if you have already joined or renewed for 2023. And if you haven’t yet: send your check with the membership form on page 14 of the November print newsletter: or go to Join UCCA Today and pay online with your credit or debit card.
For more, visit: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2022/10/28/the-november-2022-university-city-news-print-newsletter-pdf-is-now-online-home-delivery-begins-this-weekend/
November Pure Water Construction, Events, Meetings, and Special Events:
- Pure Water Construction:
- Tue, Nov 1 – Construction and lane closures begin on Genesee Av in Clairemont: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2022/10/30/nov-2022-pure-water-pipelines-construction-begins-on-genesee-in-clairemont/
- Tue, Nov 1 – Construction and lane closures begin on Miramar Rd in Mira Mesa: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2022/10/31/nov-2022-pure-water-pipelines-construction-begins-on-miramar-rd-in-mira-mesa-university-city-construction-to-begin-early-2023/
- University Community Library Book Sale – Sat, Nov 5: 10:30a – 5:00p; details at https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/locations/university-community-library
- Statewide General Election – Tue, Nov 8:
- How to vote: Your guide to casting a ballot in the November 8, 2022 midterm General Election: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2022/10/25/how-to-vote-your-guide-to-casting-a-ballot-in-the-november-8-2022-midterm-general-election/
- Register to Vote and Check your Voter Registration Status: https://www.sdvote.com/
- Ballot drop box and vote center locations information: https://www.sdvote.com/
- Find your voting districts: https://www.sdvote.com/content/rov/en/elec-rep-info-lookup.html
- General Election November 8, 2022: https://www.sdvote.com/content/rov/en/elections/election_information.html
- Parks Master Plan – Opportunity Fund Policy Development Workshop – Thu, Nov 17, at Nobel Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/pr2022opportunityfundpolicydevelopmentworkshops.pdf
- Fentanyl Community Response Training – Tue, Nov 29: For community members who would like to be trained to recognize a fentanyl emergency and to use Narcan, please note the training event at the University Community Library on November 29. Information is in the November newsletter on page 7; Jemma Samala is the contact for registration.
Community Groups / meetings in November:
- Tue, Nov 8 – UCPG Planning Group on November 8, at 6 PM via Zoom. Agenda and meeting information, when available, will be posted at: https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas
- Wed, Nov 9 – UCCA Community Association on November 9, at 6 PM, via Zoom. Information currently posted at: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2022/10/28/the-november-2022-university-city-news-print-newsletter-pdf-is-now-online-home-delivery-begins-this-weekend/
- Tue, Nov 15 – CPUS Community Plan Update is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, November 15. The Plan University City website has been updated with information about the Community Plan Update. Take a look at https://www.planuniversity.org/
November Schedules begin at our Libraries, Parks, and Pools:
- Library – University Community and North University libraries monthly program schedules.
- University Community Library on Governor: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/locations/university-community-library
- North University Library on Judicial: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/locations/north-university-community-library
- Pools and Parks and Recreation Centers program schedules.
- Doyle Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/doyle
- Nobel Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/nobel
- Standley Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/standley
- Standley Aquatic Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/pools/standley-aquatic-center
- Swanson Memorial Pool: https://www.sandiego.gov/pools/swanson-memorial-pool
December Save the Date:
- Dinner with Santa, Tree & Menorah Lighting – December 9 at Standley Park
For the most up-to-date news and information, follow us on Facebook @UniversityCityCommunityAssociation and visit our website at UniversityCityNews.org